General Rules & Regulations
1. This show reserves to its Livestock Committee the final and absolute right to interpret these rules and regulations and to arbitrarily settle and determine all matters, questions and differences in regard thereto or otherwise arising out of or connected with the show and the right to amend or add to those rules as it's judgment may determine.
2. To be eligible for competition, whether single, dual (2) (by supervision of County Extension Agent or FFA Advisor), or immediate family, the animals, crops or products must be the bona fide property of the exhibitor.
3. Exhibits that have been erroneously entered may be transferred to their proper place previous to judging upon application to the superintendent of that division. If such classes have been judged, however, they shall not be reopened.
4. No claim for injury to any person or property shall ever be asserted nor suit instituted or maintained against Freestone County Fair Commission, its officers or agents by or on behalf of any persons, firms, or corporations, or their agents, representatives, servants, or employees having license or privilege to exhibit at the Fair or occupy any space therein.
5. If any damage, loss or injury to person or property shall approximately be caused by reason or neglect or willful acts of any person, firms, or corporation having license or privilege to exhibit on said Fairgrounds, or occupying any space thereon, the Freestone County Fair Commission shall in no manner be responsible herefore, and in case it is subjected to any expense or liability, all persons causing same are liable therefore, and shall indemnify the said Freestone County Fair Commission at its location in Fairfield, Texas.
6. All owners of property or others having same in charge shall care for, guard and protect and preserve the same as the Freestone County Fair Commission does not undertake to do so, and it shall not be held responsible for any loss or damage to said property.
7. There will be NO ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES consumed on the premises of the Fairgrounds by any exhibitor. This will be grounds for elimination from the show.
Freestone County Sale Rules
1. Each Individual that exhibits in the Freestone County Fair may sell only one animal or item. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. The Livestock Sale will be selling 130 animals. The sale will include 25 Steers, 35 hogs, 20 lambs, 30 goats, 10 poultry pens, and 10 rabbit pens. If less than 130 lots, the remaining unfilled lots will be determined by placing each specie in a hat and drawing the number needed to complete 130 lots.
3. All Champions and Reserve Champions in each division must sell unless one individual exhibits two winners. If this is the case, that individual can sell only one of the winners.
4.Reserve Champions cannot sell within $25.00 of sale price of Grand Champion of that division. And ALL OTHER sale animals CANNOT sell within $25.00 of the Reserve Champion of that division.
5. All 1st and 2nd place steers automatically make the Sale with the order to be determined by the judge. All 1st and 2nd place lambs and goats automatically make the Sale with the order to be determined by the judges placing of the 1st place animals. All 1st and 2nd place hogs will automatically sell as determined by the placing of the 1st place animals. The judge will select the remainder of the animals to be sold, meeting the established limit. NO EXHIBITOR is to leave his/her animal until the sale order is established.
6. All animals that constitute a pen of three will sell for one price.
7. An exhibitor is not required to sell his/her animal unless it is Champion or Reserve Champion, except as covered in Rule #3.
8. Absolutely no contact with the buyer and/or floor buyer, either by the exhibitor, family member, guardian or their agent, regarding the return (or swapping) of sale animal to the exhibitor prior to release of the animal by the Freestone County Fair Association and removal from the fairgrounds. Violation of this rule will result in a one year suspension from showing in the Freestone County Fair.
9. The floor or market price will be auctioned in each of the divisions before the first animal is sold.
10. All Champions in each division will be sold first, followed by all Reserve Champions. The divisions will be sold in the following order: Cattle, Swine, Sheep, Goats, Chickens, Rabbits.
11. A sale order sheet will be provided to all potential buyers before the Sale starts.
12. The Sale will start sharply at 9:30am
13. All individuals must be present to sell the animal, and remain with the animal until it is delivered to the buyer.
14. A rope halter will stay on the calf until it is delivered on the buyer's trailer.
This site is NOT the official handbook of rules for the Freestone County Fair. Freestone County Fair Board has the Final say and interpretation of any Freestone County Fair rule, including any rule published on this site. Any error or misinterpretation by this site is not intended.